Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soon To Be The Biggest My Little Pony Community In Furcadia

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Application for Bright Night

Go down 
4 posters

Staff Poll
Yes
Application for Bright Night Vote_lcap1100%Application for Bright Night Vote_rcap1
 100% [ 7 ]
No
Application for Bright Night Vote_lcap10%Application for Bright Night Vote_rcap1
 0% [ 0 ]
Undecided
Application for Bright Night Vote_lcap10%Application for Bright Night Vote_rcap1
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Xriah

Love : 6

Application for Bright Night Empty
PostSubject: Application for Bright Night   Application for Bright Night Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 7:17 pm

Full (furcadia) Name: Xriah or Bright Night

Alias/Nickname: Xri or Rose, Night when addressing actual character

Name of alts we may know you as: Xriah, Rose Heart Princess, Bright Night

Generation: FIM

Species: Alicorn

Appearance:
Her coat is black, with a single nearly white splotch on her rear end. Her mane is clean-cut and short, mostly red with a black and a purple streak; her tail is black with a red and purple streak. Her hooves are dark grey. She has a sharply-pointed unicorn horn and wings that are a little larger than those of a pegasi. She is slightly taller than the average pony. She has yet to acquire it, but later on when she gets it her Cutey-Mark will be a red crystal heart, held together by a crumbling crown of white gold and rubies.

Personality:
Night is, to those who have been with her for more than a handful of minutes, socially awkward. To everyone else, she's simply an annonymous mare who seems to be either rude, or in a very big hurry. Being a lone traveller, she is very courageous and well-endowed with skills in magic that have to do with combat and survival. Sadly, being alone has also caused her to be extremely lacking in the social graces that are usually held dear by the Alicorns. While having been told by long-gone family members about her family history, she has very little belief in the tales of a family of royal Alicorns . While being overly brave and a bit too bold, she was also a very practical pony when it came to basic necessities of camping.

Sample Post:
Bright Night sighed wearily after her fist yawn of the morning. This was followed by the all too familiar clip-clop of her hooves upon the rocky cave floor. The sun was shining cheerily, but that certainly was not a reflection of her mood. She then started into a careful trot and entered the outer clearing. She was never the most graceful after only sleeping for a handful of hours, and barely trusted her wings to grant her balance. She thought about trying to find some breakfast, but instantly decided she was getting tired of berries. She'd heard of a town that couldn't be too far for her weary wings to carry her, and no town was a town unless it had a sweets-shop. Having decided upon her next course of action, she quickly broke camp, hiding all traces of her presence by way of teleportation magic before leaping into the sky.

Background:
She is a small part of the Celes family that was long ago broken off from the main branch. This smaller branch was primarily the more Warrior-based side of the family. These warriors, having been all-but exiled for a reason beyond remembrance, hold mainly contempt, mild dislike, or total indifference towards the Celes Monarchy. Having been raised by the descendents of the estranged in a land that is almost completely cut off from the rest of Equestria, Bright Night is only aware of other Alicorns through stories and legends of a "brutal Monarchy". Bright Night is the last remaining descendent of the lost Warrior Alicorns, now traveling in the hopes of coming across a new home for herself.
Back to top Go down
4-Speed
Admin
4-Speed

Love : 26

PostSubject: Re: Application for Bright Night   Application for Bright Night Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 12:16 am

Approved
Back to top Go down
Pinkie
Admin
Pinkie

Love : 22

PostSubject: Re: Application for Bright Night   Application for Bright Night Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 3:38 am

your character comes off decently rounded with a few rough edges that could possibly be rounded with continuous character development. i am a little leery of her background as i honestly do not know if we should allow a few slots for other 'royals' past the positions of celestia and luna. considering the 'warlike' aspect that she is derived upon, i hope the character isn't going to be dependent on any weapons or anything that could be classified as a weapon. a lot of people have been basing characters off of someone's fanfic: fall out: equestria. and while it seems like a well-placed, nicely done plot of fanfiction, i really am not keen on the aspect of ponies killing other ponies.

i did however, thoroughly enjoy your application and your rp skills seem wonderfully placed.

despite the above I also say: APPROVED

however, i think it should be brought to the staff as a whole on the idea of other royals before falling into rp. i honestly don't think this is a subject that has been discussed, yet.

btw: pegasai is plural. pegasus for singular. its a common mistake i see people making. xD
Back to top Go down
http://pinkamena.webs.com/enter.htm
Dash

Dash

Love : 19

PostSubject: Re: Application for Bright Night   Application for Bright Night Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 4:03 am

I liked the placement of your character, but I do agree that I dont know if we will be allowing you to play a 'royal' role. So far the decision to open those still lies in the hands of the staff who at the moment are leaning towards opening slots to experienced players.

Despite all that I APPROVE of your app.
Back to top Go down
http://pawbook.splotched.com/rainbow_dash/
Xriah

Love : 6

PostSubject: Re: Application for Bright Night   Application for Bright Night Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 10:47 pm

Thank you for your consideration, and I'll remember the bit about "pegesai"! Smile

And the war magic isn't actual weapons like guns, but more of a "magic missile" type thing, to use against predators. x3 I wasn't really thinking about fighting other ponies, though I've thought about her maybe wanting to join the royal guard under a disguise? I'm not sure I myself consider her royal anyway... she doesn't have any knowledge or aspirations for the throne or to join the royal family so far. But I'm hoping to try her out to see what others think. I don't want to use her as a "god-mod" type, even, I just want to try for interesting roleplay. cyclops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application for Bright Night   Application for Bright Night Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application for Bright Night
Page 1 of 1